1/2/13

SLAW GEYSER

I was hurrying (as always) to clean up the kitchen when I picked up a plastic container with leftover, juicy slaw in it - and no lid on it.  I dashed across the kitchen with it, and dropped it.  Luckily, it landed right side up.  The force of the landing sent wet globs of slaw skyward.  George got a good laugh out of seeing the spotted design on the kitchen floor. 

Later, cleaning up again (why was I in the kitchen so much that day?!), I dropped a bottle of oil on the counter, smashing my ceramic spoon rest to smitherines.  Oh well.  Stuff happens. 

But when I was in the living room – finally relaxing – and heard a glass breaking in the kitchen, I knew this day was going from bad to worse.  George had dropped the wine glass he was getting off the cabinet shelf.  After cleaning that up, I drank some wine and called it a night!

 
They say you’re going to have a good day if your toast falls jelly-side-up.  But slaw-side-up-with-lid-off is different.  Does it qualify as a jelly-side-up experience if a bad day follows?  I don’t know the theory behind it, but the proof’s in the pudding - or the slaw, in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment