4/26/10

Bulletin Boards





I have been appointed Grand-Master-in-Charge-of-Bulletin-Boards at our church. Big church, lots of boards! It all began one peaceful evening in a normal run-of-the-mill committee meeting. Someone mentioned that the bulletin boards were getting sloppy (or words to that effect) and that they'd like some help with figuring out what to do about it. I thought to myself, "I am on this committee, and I don't do my part. This will make me look good without much work." So I volunteered. Then they dropped the bomb. Said boards should have a "monthly change of backgrounds/themes" to keep them fresh and appealing.

I panicked. MONTHLY CHANGE?! I don't know which word scared me most - "monthly" or "change." Did this mean ALL of the bulletin boards (roughly a baker's dozen)? I had visions of me carrying a mess of supplies from one building to another, stapling cutesy borders around the bulletin boards and measuring, cutting, and inserting colorful backgrounds, then repeating those steps EVERY MONTH to put up bunnies or valentines or jack-o-lanterns.

But that's not the case. Whew! I just have five of them in three buildings. I'll spiff them up (one time only) and keep them current (not decorated). As of today, I have photographed, listed, measured, and reported on them. Next I guess I'll be repairing them.

As for the ones I don't have to work on, they belong to other groups in the church. I'm actually lucky (we call it "blessed" at church) because if I had all of them, it would have been six buildings!

2 comments: