4/21/10

Grill Fever




My husband has been on a quest for the perfect grill 40 years now. Yesterday, we bought another one.

We had planned to go to the shop yesterday. But I emailed them this message:

Not sure if we'll make it today. Your dad NEEDS his grill RIGHT NOW! :) It will take him one or two hours to pick it out. :(

We went to Lowe's and carefully scrutinized about twelve gas grills, as I recall. Yes, gas! I like it when he fires up the charcoal and we sit outside a couple of hours drinking our favorite beverages and smelling the aroma of charcoal - not gas. However, he wants a gas grill, and it's his turn to win.

There's a new invention that came on the market last year. It's a "heat radiating element and drippings shield for gas-fired barbecues." It's supposed to make the grate hotter so you can sear a steak. I wanted that one. I told him not to get it just because I wanted it because if it's no good, I'll hear about it for a long, long time. Maybe until the rapture!

We did get that one. We planned to get the work van and pick it up tomorrow because of the rain today. I was all settled to get some writing done when the rain stopped and I heard, "Call them and see if it's assembled yet!" I did, and it was. I called the shop to see if our son could bring the van home after work today instead of tomorrow to get the grill, because it was going to turn into a pumpkin or something if it had to sit at Lowe's overnight. He was out getting coffee but would call back.

Ten minutes later - "How long does it take to get a cup of coffee?!!"

Then the phone rang. My husband who never answers the phone answered it. Whoopee! We will get the grill today! I'll let you know tomorrow if it really cooks a good steak!


No comments:

Post a Comment