4/25/10

11:30 PM Blues



I wrote this a few months back. Reading over it, I see why I retired! …

It’s 11:30 pm, and we just got home from the shop and settled into our easy chairs. My hair is sticking out in all directions because I was too impatient to wait my turn for a haircut. I rub my stressed neck and realize I forgot to put on my earrings this morning. This morning! When was that? It seems like a week ago. I’ve managed to fill up 15 hours and feel busier than before.

I tried to smile all day. I tried to be patient. I am fortunate to be working with my children. After all, who else could I count on to tell me I’m acting stressed and affecting our shop's environment in a negative way?
But I'm not one to give up. I have decided to become smiley and light-hearted, to enjoy taking lunch breaks, and to laugh at e-mail jokes. I will be an encourager – an uplifting beam of light in an otherwise dull environment. But then, who'll recognize me?

No comments:

Post a Comment