5/11/13

A DOWNRIGHT GOOD DAY


How can a person be exhausted and depressed at the beginning of the day and calm and happy (although not yet rested!) at the end of the day?  Well I’ll tell you how. 

The weather was so beautiful that I got my favorite lounge chair out of the garage and laid it out on the patio and sat under the trees and dozed. 

A mamma bird fed her babies in a nest directly over the patio in a perfect spot for me to watch without getting up and moving my chair.

I broke a jar of oil in the kitchen and cut my finger without even getting mad, and it gave me a chance to finally get the kitchen floor mopped.

My husband and I pitched a few horseshoes, and I made a ringer.

It rained about ten minutes just as the house was getting too hot, and cooled everything down to the perfect temperature.

And finally, we went to McDonald’s for a caramel Sundae.

It just doesn’t get any better than this.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment