11/6/16

NOTES FOR STORIES




This book keeps sliding to the back burner.  Not that my smooth-top stove is tilting or anything.  It’s just that my schedule keeps getting skewed.  I need a dose of will power.

One example of the time-chewer-uppers:  I volunteered to teach the Minor Prophets.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  But I get lost in details.  It’s in my blood or something.  When I read something I don’t know, I start Googling.  Before you know it, two hours have passed!  Curiosity is about to kill the mouse.

I finally finished the prophets and picked up the pile of notes I made whenever an idea for a good Mouse story popped up.  What the heck was I thinking when I jotted this on a torn piece of paper from a yellow pad:  “Sleeveless Pajama Pants”?  I have no idea.  Another notes says, “Rain on Beck’s Calendar.”  Huh?  Unfortunately, I do remember what this note was about:  “Slot Machine=Paper Shredder.”

No comments:

Post a Comment