12/18/10

PARTY TIME!

It was Saturday morning, and I had to prepare two dishes for the Christmas party.  I got out of bed and scanned bean salad recipes on the internet, then went to the grocery store.  Got home and spent a couple of hours making bean salad and pies.

I stopped to Google the address of the party, which I had written on my calendar right beside the note “Xmas party at Terry’s.” 

By the time the pies came out and I made the meringue, I was tired of cooking.  I popped them back into the oven to brown the meringue and set my cell phone alarm for nine minutes.  Fifteen minutes later I remembered the pies.  They were OK, but I wondered why my alarm didn’t go off.  Hadn’t I set it for 4:09 PM?  I checked.  Yep, even got the PM right.  I looked at the oven clock again. It was still 4:00.  Duh!  No, it was 400 degrees!

I stopped to check my calendar for the time of the party.  6:00.  I cleaned up the kitchen, happy that I had about an hour to do something I wanted to do besides cook

Then I remembered the party was SUNDAY, not Saturday!  I hope that meringue holds up until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment