3/23/11

NOT RUINED YET!


I left my art career in the dust in 2001. After fifteen years of hauling paintings to galleries, art shows, and competitions, spending thousands of dollars photographing buildings (sure do wish digital cameras had been in existence then!), teaching workshops, starting art leagues, collecting tools and brushes, framing pictures, I just up and quit!

For the past ten years, I have had no desire to pick up a pencil or a brush. People told me I was wasting my talent. I didn’t care. I was sick and tired of it.

Now it’s back! I love it again! But it sure isn’t like riding a bike. You don’t just hop on again and take off. I have messed up a lot of good starts in the last month or two. I’ve been working on this current drawing for ten hours now and haven’t messed it up yet! Wish me luck. I need lots of it – and practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment