7/30/11

Freezer

My freezer is almost empty. Yessss! I have worked hard on eating all the stuff in it. I can’t throw food away. When you open a can of Cream of Mushroom soup and only use half of it, do you throw the rest away? NOT. How about black olives, tomato sauce, or enchilada sauce?

I label the keepers with a Sharpee. My Cool Whip containers look like graffiti. For example, on one I wrote “Soup” and drew a line through it and wrote “lasagna” and drew a line through it and wrote “squash casserole.”

One day I looked into that over-stuffed mystery hole and thought, “What’s in there?” I pulled it all out and inventoried it. For several weeks, I kept up with what I took out and what was still in, noting it on a legal pad. I found recipes that let me cook my inventory - and now there is one bare shelf!

My sister told me that when I’ve begun inventorying my freezer and working on a Quality Control system, it’s time to get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment