4/29/12

CASSEROLES

The email said, “We hope every member can help by making four or five casseroles to sell at the fundraiser.”  Yikes!  I haven't made four casseroles in four years!

I hoped this would go away.  Miracles happen in churches, don’t they?  Then I got the email my circle leader sent to all circle members.  “If you did not pick up your casserole trays tonight, please see Sandy because she has them for you,” with a P.S.,  “Maggie [that’s me], Sandy needs to get some more quart sized containers and then she will have yours for you.”  I guessed I had volunteered by default. 

Maybe I’ll give it some more time.  Maybe Sandy will forget about it.  Maybe she will wait too long and the quart containers will be gone.  Maybe if I’m the last to show up somebody else will have taken my quart containers.

Oh shoot! Sometimes it's easier to "just do it" than dodge.  Never fear.  I'll create something unforgettable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment