6/1/12

EAR MITES!  NOT AGAIN! 


Cat-Mojo was rubbing his paws across his ears constantly and frantically.  I had postponed the inevitable as long as he could stand it.

He knows when I’m thinking something evil.  It took one day to catch him, and two days to catch and keep him.  I squirted what I hoped was five drops of earmite medicine into one ear before he rocketed away.

On the third day, I grabbed him, then apologized and cooed to him while reaching for the miticide.  I sincerely felt sorry for him.  However, I held him by the nape of his neck – and maybe a leg or two – and squirted both ears.

Mojo stayed away from me several hours.  When he finally showed up, it was torture time again.  (His and mine.)   I successfully treated both ears, wondering why he acted calmer this time.  But he was plotting.

At the next treatment time, we stood at the bedroom door in a face-down.  He didn’t bolt past me, although he could have.  His eyes said, “I’ve got the hang of it now, you idiot!”  I lunged for him and could almost hear him screaming “nanny-nanny-boo-boo” as he whizzed past.  CatMojo might just get to keep his ear mites!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment