6/2/12

PIGGYBACK TV

The TV in our bedroom got laryngitis.  Try listening to American Idol with the sound going off and on.  That TV is just worn out, like me.  I guess 20 years in a TV’s life is like 63 in a human’s.  – er, Mouse’s.

I don’t want to buy a TV just now.  I’d rather have a mattress or a vacation.  We have another TV that’s so old it has a built-in VCR player.  It’s heavy, so when my son was here the other day I said, “Fred, will you bring that old television downstairs for me?”

That TV?  What are you going to do with it?”

“I’m going to put it in the bedroom on top of my other TV.”

His girlfriend Amy laughed and said her aunt had owned a TV that was so old it was in a cabinet, like a piece of furniture.  So what’s weird about that?  I said, “Mine’s in a cabinet, and I’m going to put the other TV on top of it.”

Fred just shook his head and said, “You might be a redneck.”

No comments:

Post a Comment