6/13/12

BUDGETS ARE A SUGGESTION

A budget is only a suggestion.  Kind of like a stop sign.

One month I decided to move my budgeted “discretionary money” (what a joke!) to my savings account, then move some back to checking when I needed it, predicting that if I had to go through this acrobatic stunt before the purchase of any “extras,” I would think twice about it.  Result?  Think twice, but move forward.  Deplete savings account.

Then I thought maybe if I opened a separate checking account instead of using my savings account for the discretionary money, I couldn’t possibly spend more than I had budgeted for the month.  When it’s gone, it’s gone.  Too bad I can go online and move money from savings to checking so easily.

Next month I am going to try something else.  I don’t know what, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment