6/7/12


AGING

Not fair!  I looked up from my book and saw a familiar actor on “The Young and the Restless.”  I was in a waiting room.  I don’t watch soaps.  I’m a recovering addict.  (With the exception of “Desperate Housewives.”)  As I was saying, I used to watch this guy on “All My Children,” and he hasn’t aged in forty years! 

What’s up?  While movie stars are turning into plastic, the rest of us are turning into Shar Peis.  Even my doctors who used to look like babies are showing wrinkles.  And that face in the mirror – well, all I will say about that is my makeup has gone sour.

Someone told my sister and me that we look like twins.  She’s nine years older than me!  Of course, she looks extremely young for her age.

Does anybody remember Jack Benny?  I’ll bet he’s still 39 in heaven.  My mom was 39 until she died 46 years later.  Thirty-nine is the threshold.  Cross over it, and you start tumbling downhill.  However, I’m adopting the words of the old guy on the golf course who said, “Every day above ground’s a good one!”

No comments:

Post a Comment