8/13/14

CAN’T SLEEP MUCH







We went to bed and snuggled up comfortably.  I didn’t move until my shoulder started hurting.  Staying in the bear hug, I started shifting as one joint or the other started hurting.  George slept.  I lingered in the twilight zone for two hours.

Around midnight....

George started coughing.  An hour of that and I got up and adjusted the bed (it’s electric) so one of us could get some sleep.  That lifts his head and his drainage quits choking him.

After some more sleep (by now I had quit watching the clock) he woke me up coughing like he was strangling to death or vomiting.   The vomiting alarmed me so I got up and raised the head of the bed even higher.

I lay down on the sloped bed and curled up fetal style.  A hot flash hit and I spread out, sticking my feet over the edge of the bed.  I kept wondering when Cat Mojo was going to grab them.  Next I stretched diagonally across the lower half of the bed.  I slept for a little while I think.  I’m really not sure.  I stuck my feet out at the bottom of the bed, keeping them covered as a buffer against cat claws.  I crawled up the bed to try to sleep on the slope.  I went back to the fetal position - left side, right side, left, right, left, etc.

Around 5:30 Mojo started meowing, probably frustrated about the foot thing.  I told him, “I’m not getting up again!”  I got up at 6:00.

You should see my hair today!














No comments:

Post a Comment