9/21/10

NOISY COMPUTER

I, the owner, have the oldest, most rickety computer in our business.  I brought it home a few months ago.  It was old then and it, like me, is creaking louder every day.  It's so loud that I can't use the speaker phone on my desk.   I work upstairs, and it's so loud that I can't hear my husband call me from downstairs.  It has a DVD drive that works when it wants to. Sort of like the cat. 

But now!  At long last!  I have a 'better" computer!  I haven't taken it out of the car yet.  What's the hurry?  The old humming computer still has some spunk left in her.

I also have a "better" desk for this better, younger computer.  Half of the desk is upstairs now.  The other parts are in the garage waiting for someone to get a burst of energy.

Sure, I'm excited about the better desk and computer.  But I kind of like my old humming, creaking, not-retired-yet friend.  It knows more stuff.  This young whipper-snapper needs a lot of information uploaded into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment