9/22/10

DON'T LEAVE MY HUSBAND!

Expecting the day to warm up, we left for the festival with a little less clothing than was comfortable.  We got off the shuttle bus and the temperature started to plunge.  Soon it was drizzling; then the bottom fell out.  We hunkered down and ate hot dogs under a tent, shivering and waiting for the next shuttle bus.

By now my husband George was turning into an icycle, so we went to the gift shop and bought a fleece jacket.  Back at the bus stop, our friend (also an icycle) said, "Where'd you get that jacket?"  George walked him to the gift shop.  Pretty soon, the bus showed up.  But George didn't. 

No worries.  The bus driver was real laid back.  He was cutting up and joking with everyone as we boarded the bus, and we were all having a good old time.  Still no George.  I stared out the window.  Just when I saw him coming, the driver closed the doors and took off.

I sprung out of my seat yelling, "Wait, wait!  You're leaving my husband!"  But we kept rolling as the driver continued joking around and didn't have a clue I was having a fit back there.  I lurched forward yelling, "Wait!  Wait!  My husband's coming!"  Everyone on the bus heard me except the driver.  I finally reached the front and he stopped the bus and asked, "Where is he?"

"Back there where you just left him," I said.  I bolted out and started yelling to George to hurry up.  When he got in, the driver, still laughing, asked him, "What are you doing?  You paid me $20 to lose her!"

But I got George back!

No comments:

Post a Comment