2/11/11

MEETINGS

Praise the Lord, we had a meeting!  Now why, you might ask, is that a big deal?  Because, I might answer, it's hard to get our kids - all grown up though they may be - to dedicate a couple of hours to listening to me fuss at them.  At least, that's what they think will happen.  But it isn't that way any more.  Parents can grow up into civilized adults, too.

In the earlier years of our company, the four of us would get together to talk over our plans.  I began with a list of problems.  Susan described in vivid detail her vision of the future of our business.  Fred sat there bored, or mad, and took cigarette breaks.  George told us how it was in large corporations.  And I fussed and blamed everyone except myself for our problems.  They called me "Old Doom and Gloom."  And we all remembered our family slogan, "How many Clarks does it take to ……?"  You fill in the blank. 

Well, we met yesterday and successfully discussed our plans.  Hallelujah!  Miracles do happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment