2/4/11

REINVENTING THE WHEEL

Starting a business from scratch isn’t for sissies - especially with no teacher.  We have developed, revised, and scrapped various systems (or should I say “experiments”) for getting the work out the door in a timely fashion.  That wheel has already been invented.  We just haven’t found it yet. 

Besides worrying, my job is to keep the books.  I’ve had to put into practice the things they tried to teach me in college.  I did know what a debit and a credit was.  Now I can read anybody’s balance sheet and understand it! Imagine that!

I haven’t found a way to relax yet.  My brain’s too full.  I’ve quit reading the newspaper, gardening, cooking, doing church work, cleaning house…  Didn't mind giving that one up, though.  When the stress really gets bad, I can make shapes out of the dust bunnies.  You know, like you do with the clouds?   

But I’ve learned to relax with Sudoku puzzles.  When I can’t make myself stop for anything else, I can waste an hour on Sudoku, forgetting everything except those little white pages.  You see, they have solutions.


No comments:

Post a Comment