5/13/11

Pacing the Yard

I got injured on the same day Tiger Woods got injured. He only had to quit a golf tournament. But I had to quit my yardwork!

It all started when I decided to do some weed-eating. The trimmer battery was dead and the charger was lost. Lowe’s has a charger for $30, but the trimmer itself is not worth $30, let alone a battery charger for it. And besides, the lawnmower’s worn out, the edger doesn’t always start, the leaf blower only starts sometimes, and I myself am getting hard to start as the years go by. I called a landscaping service.

I’ll get a better price quote if I measure the places to be edged around the yard, right? I have short legs, so it takes a great big stride for me to pace off three feet, like I’ve seen George do. I had taken about 50 or 60 huge strides and was getting careless when I stepped off the edge of the grass beside the driveway and took a dive.

Now I’m laid up on the couch with an ice pack on my foot, watching the golf tournament where Tiger got injured today, and suffering what my cold-hearted friend calls “the agony of defeet!”

No comments:

Post a Comment