3/14/12

CONCRETE PLANTER


Oh this was good.  One of my better flips.

I found a concrete planter on Craigslist and George drove with me to pick it up.  Back at home, I quickly saw that the narrow base of the planter would fall through the doughnut hole of our small dolly.  I found  a large storage container that could straddle the dolly crosswise.  This created a tall platform onto which we slid the three-ton concrete planter.

I started rolling this contraption toward the walkway.  George said, “Watch that turn.”  I knew that.  I took the curve slowly with a smirk on my face.  What came next, George didn’t warn me about because he could never have anticipated it.  I sped up with the intention of getting the dolly to roll beyond the sidewalk into the garden.  It didn’t.  I did.

In one nanosecond the dolly, the storage container, the three-ton concrete planter, and I detonated.  Most of me landed in the hole of the dolly with parts hanging off on the sidewalk and in the garden.  After George pulled me up and saw that I was OK, he laughed his tail off while I looked around the neighborhood to make sure no one saw this. 

To add insult to injury, George suggested I review Newton’s law – Things in motion tend to stay in motion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment