7/3/12

CAT IN THE WINDOW

I walk past Mojo and look over at him.  He turns his head and looks at me.  Soon, I walk by again and we look at each other again.  He’s sitting under the window.  He thinks he’s cool, but I know what’s really going on in that cat brain.  He’s wondering whether to jump up onto the window sill again. 

You see, I raised the blinds a few minutes ago, but not the window.  Then I went around the bed to open the other blinds when (and I’d give my soul to have seen this) I heard a thud.  I couldn’t see Mojo, but I did see some saliva on the window glass. 

Honest, I really did try hard to stifle the howling laughter that was exploding inside me, even while wondering if Mojo had broken his nose.  I just couldn’t help it.  Finally I gained a little composure and tiptoed around the bed to see if Mojo was lying unconscious on the floor. 

He was just sitting there.  He looked at me as if to say, “So what are you looking at?” or maybe, “I meant to do that.”  I raised the window for him, still heaving with strangling giggles. 

He’s still sitting on the floor looking at the window now.  I’m sure he thinks I did this intentionally and is plotting his revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment