4/21/13

 Changing my Husband's Plans


It was Saturday and the Masters Golf Tournament was to be televised from 3:00-7:00.  Third round of four.  We had planned to go to Scotland Neck to visit with his mom and watch the Masters with her.  We were going to get there by 3:00.

George woke up that morning asking, “When are we going to Scotland Neck?”  I told him we would leave at 1:30 so that we could be there by 3:00 to watch the Masters.  He said he thought we were going to be there at 1:30.  I said no, his mother wasn’t expecting us until 3:00.  A few minutes later, he said we had to get ready to leave.  He would not pay attention to my reasoning.  (So what’s new?)

At 10:30 I put our lawn chairs and tarp on the grass and started spray painting.  He paced.  He worried.  He got mad.  I did too, and I told him he just couldn’t stand it if I planned to do two things on the same day.  I said we had three hours before we would leave, and he could get a nap.  He paced more and kept repeating that we needed to leave.  I said, once again, that his Mom expected us at 3:00.  That went right past him.

We left at noon.  He did get his nap after all - during the first two hours of the Masters in his mom’s easy chair.  Serves him right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment