4/22/13

COURTESY FLUSH

Public bathroom entertainment does exist.  I walked into the stall and took a seat.  I noticed a small sign with tiny letters posted on the door.  Not having Xray eyes, I ignored it.

As I left the stall, I read the sign: “Please help us keep this restroom clean.”  Then I got to the punch line.  You might have seen a sentence like this before, but I live a sheltered life.  “A courtesy flush or two before the final flush will help prevent the toilet from becoming clogged.”  A courtesy flush!  And not just one, but two courtesy flushes.  As if I didn’t get it, it continued with the toilet training lesson:  “The toilet will fully flush if the flush handle is pushed all the way down.  Thankyou!”

I did.  I thanked the sign for a good laugh.  Then I found some paper in my purse and copied it down just for your benefit.  You just never know when proper etiquette might call for a courtesy flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment