4/11/13

Married Minds


When you’ve been married a long time, you sometimes understand each other.  I found my husband reading my mind this morning when he should have been minding his own business.  I was in the kitchen thinking about something he had done that I was getting over being mad about.  You know how some things infuriate you, but gradually you accept them and get over them?   I have been through the acceptance stage and now I’m in the sarcasm stage and moving toward the get-over-it stage.  In my mind – not out loud - I said something very spiteful.  George walked through the kitchen and said, kind of laughing, “If you live around here you’re going to get a lot of jabs.” 

Geez.  You’d think a woman could fuss in silence and get away with it.  There should be a reward for those moments when a wife chooses not to verbalize, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment