10/14/13

COMMENTS MADE WHILE MOVING & DOWNSIZING

  

Someone asked if we owned a beach house because I donated so much beach stuff for the church sale.

Seeing all the junk I brought to the church rummage sale, a friend asked if I could talk his wife into downsizing, too.

OK.  I'm going to quit drowning and start swimming in this clutter very soon!

I caught myself thinking of buying bar stools for the apartment.  What am I thinking?!!  Am I crazy?!!  This is temporary!!!

What?  They broke my recliner?  And they’ll only pay me only six dollars a pound for it?

I discovered that if you plop an empty box over the back of a chair, it assumes a perfect position for cutting the tape off the bottom.

Opening boxes is like getting surprises at Christmas.  I found some bagged cat shit.

I’m not drowning any more.   I'm doing the doggie paddle.  :)

Downsizing gets drastically easier when you’re unpacking boxes and realize you’ve got to pack this stuff all over again when you move out in six months. 

What?  They jammed my expandable dining room table?  I’ll take it apart later.  Next month.

I think I threw my crystal water glasses in the church rummage sale pile.  I'll try to buy them back.

Now I'm swimming!  Got the living room, kitchen and bedroom basically cleaned up. 

Did you know that you can’t open an elevator with a car key fob?

 I'm looking forward to having the gang over as soon as I get the TV off the sofa.

And I’ve got to do this all over again in six months?  !









No comments:

Post a Comment