10/10/13

PACKING JEWELRY

PACKING JEWELRY

Carefully, I lifted the many necklaces off their many hooks and draped them over my left hand.  The intention was to pack them without getting them tangled.

Holding the necklaces with one hand and a piece of twine with the other, I attempted to wrap twine around the necklaces in a doughnut shape.  I inserted the twine into the hole under my left hand and wrapped it around the necklaces twice (not easy to do with one hand).  Satisfied that I had averted disaster, I laid the heap of necklaces on the table.

Dang!   They surely did not form a doughnut shape.  More like a cluster thing.  They had fallen into a tangled mass-of-a-mess.  I must have run the twine back through the hole in the wrong direction the second time around. 

Oh well.  At least I know that unsnarling them will be fun.  When I was a child, my cousin pulled a Tom Sawyer whitewash on me when he was untangling some fishing line, and I’ve enjoyed untangling things ever since.  Not!

No comments:

Post a Comment