12/26/13

COFFEE GROUNDS



Now and again I lose my temper.  Not anything important.  Just little things.  Like the coffee grounds.

I took the holder off the coffee pot – you know, it’s the thing that contains the filter bag full of old but still wet coffee grounds.  I dumped most of it into the trash can, but some fell over the edge.  They smeared down the inside of my clean trash bag and down the outside of my trash can and it just pissed me off, and I grabbed the trash bag out of the trash can and wadded it up in a huff.  That gesture sent coffee grounds flying.  I yanked the trash can out and held it up to the sink and sprayed water all over it, splashing it all over me, the sink, and the floor, knowing full well I had to clean it up but having such a rush of anger-release that I didn’t care.  Then I slammed it upside down on the no-longer-clean kitchen counter to drain.  I grabbed the dish towel and began wiping up the floor but that towel was nowhere near big enough. I pitched it at the sink and pulled a boat load of paper towels down for the job.  After I cleaned the floor around the sink area and released some unladylike words, I wiped the water off the inside and outside of the trash can, then turned around and saw the wet paper coffee filter itself, and coffee grounds, on the floor behind me.  Must have slung it out during the trash bag frenzy. 

I finally calmed down and just cleaned it all up.  Felt a lot better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment