12/23/13

Shelf’s Up!



Our son Fred began to mount the shelf under our TV.  He drilled some holes.  They were too small.  Instead of changing the drill bit, he rolled the drill around to make bigger holes.  He had said this job would be a cinch, but this short cut seemed to me to be a bad omen.  When he pushed the anchors into the big holes, I said, “They went in too easy.”  He said it would be OK. 

Remembering that I had purchased a wonderful battery powered screwdriver, I left the room to look for it.  I returned to find Fred removing the loose anchors he had just put in.  He was sweating.  It must have been a male hot flash brought on by intense frustration. 

I decided to get out of his way, so I searched the apartment again for my wonderful battery powered screwdriver.  My husband did his usual (does he really think he’s helping?) and asked where I was the last time I used it.  Fred’s girlfriend Amy looked at me knowingly, and we launched into a discussion about how helpful it truly would be if you could remember where you last used something you’re looking for, and how ridiculous that sounds to women.  I won’t tell you what Fred said.

I made another loop around the apartment looking for the wonderful new battery powered screw driver – not that it had anything to do with anything any more. 

Poor Fred.  He had to take the shelf down and put it up again, but, bless his heart, he got it done.  It looks great, too.  What would I do without my wonderful son?!  We toasted the shelf over hot dogs at Andy’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment