7/21/14

Territorial Little Devil





How do you share your house with a cat?  Let me count the ways…..

I like to read the paper in the mornings.  I settle in with a cup of coffee and soon Mojo is meowing at me.  I might as well give him some attention because I sure as heck won’t read the paper until he decides it’s time.

I used to think it was cute the way he rubbed his head on things to mark his territory.  That was until all the door frames developed dirty spots a few inches from the floor – about Mojo’s height!  I guess he rubs his mouth more than his head.  Gross.

To get away from the world, I like to go to my art studio in the junk room.  Cat Mojo’s litter box is in that room, too.  I keep it refreshed with “Pet Fresh” and spray often with Glade, and the room smells fine until I go in to paint.  Then along comes Mojo to do his business. 

Sharing territory with a cat is OK, I guess.  It’s in that law.  You know, the one about the only thing in this world you have to do is die and pay taxes and yield to cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment