6/25/14

HANDWRITING




OK. My handwriting has evolved and I can’t read it any more.  Everyone says that, I suppose.  Fact is, we scribble little shortcuts.  Like “r” might become one camel hump instead of two.  Or “ing” might morph into an un-dotted “i” and an “n” that looks smashed, and it all becomes a single slash squiggling downward to imply there’s a “g”.

Over the decades I have evolved into a speed writer in a super sonic sort of way.  I have stretched lines out and wrapped them and created my personal mark for syllables like “tion” and “and”.

I can’t read my scribble any more.  As I write this draft for my blog, I am trying my dead level best to notice when a word is disappearing into a scrawl, and then I bring it back to life by marking over it and rewriting it.  Then I mark over that and rewrite it again.  Seriously!  I never had to do this before!

At least my Hugh Mouse drawings haven’t morphed too much.  Hugh will always be Hugh, no matter how big his ears get.

No comments:

Post a Comment