6/1/14

WEBSITE BUILDER




This blog that you are reading is hosted by Blogger.com, a FREE service.  (Remember that).  Hugh Mouse wants a website all his own.  He figures he can attract a large following that way – somehow.

I found a server offering a free domain name with free this and free that.  The ad said that, even for beginners, this company “makes having a website EASY.”  (Remember that.)

The first salesman got impatient with me.  After he got the price of this free stuff up to $159.03, I told him I really didn’t want to spend that much.  He was shocked.  He finally said, “I know how it is when you’re living paycheck to paycheck.”  I didn’t give him a good rating at the end of the call.

During the next several hours and phone calls to tech support, I realized I didn’t need and couldn’t understand all those extra services I had bought, so I called a sales rep (a nice one this time) and got $71.64 off my bill.  Pretty soon my account rep called me.  She took off even more unnecessary services.  Then she added some more. 

I made one more call and cancelled the “free” service and the “easy” web building.

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment