6/18/14

REFRIGERATOR SCRAMBLE



What are those games called?  You know, the ones with the little squares that you move around until you’ve got four words.  We had them a half century ago and they’re popular again.

Yesterday I put a corrugated box large enough to hold a cake into my refrigerator.  It took some cleaning out to do it.  It takes up about 3/5 of the top shelf.  I know this because exactly two cartons of milk will fit between it and the sidewall. Today I am sliding bottles and cartons around in there just like that little game. 

I had placed some bottles behind the corrugated box (there’s room back there).  I slid the milk carton to the left, shoved the tea pitcher to the right, slid the OJ bottle forward then left where a space appeared, somehow.  So far so good.  Just have to get to that bottle from the far corner.

Next I grabbed a bottle from the back and slid it one step forward toward the front of the fridge.  No.  I think the way it went was I slid one bottle from behind the box into the space freed up by moving the OJ bottle.  Then I slid one more out from back there and forward.  Now I could get to that last bottle back in the corner.  After freeing it from behind the box, I moved it toward the front of the fridge by taking the tea pitcher out (felt kind of guilty for not playing by the rules) and moving a 2-liter bottle over. Finally, I slid the desired bottle forward, around the milk, and – at last – out of the fridge.

All that for a glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment