6/2/14

WEBSITE BUILDER 2




When a producer makes a movie, he doesn’t name it “Superman I” because he doesn’t know there’s going to be a “Superman 2.”  Kind of like World War I wasn’t named “World War I” until World War II happened.  Thusly, when I wrote about cancelling my website plan, that was only Part One. 

Part Two followed when I started getting emails from Paypal and the company from which I had purchased all my “free” services.  For the sake of this blog, we’ll name said company “F” for “Free” - or whatever you care to call it.  I have my own ideas.

(Sidenote:  What a coincidence!  As I was typing this story, a box popped up in the corner of the screen announcing “Out of Backup Space.”  That’s one of the free services I had signed up for, and it’s also another annoyance for “F” to stuff into my growing time bomb.)

As I was saying . . .  After purchasing and cancelling a whole bunch of services from “F”,  Paypal and “F” began sending email notices regarding small charges, large charges, refunds, credits, bundled refunds, partial refunds not yet credited and partial charges not yet paid.

I have received 33 emails from “F” and thirteen from Paypal. That is excluding the Paypal emails that aren’t about my website.  I like to complicate things, so during this website debacle I also used Paypal for an Amazon purchase, an Ebay purchase, and three Ebay sales. 

After putting off the inevitable, I decided to start with the Paypal payment history chart.  Being at the end of a long day, I took the chart from the printer, poured a glass of wine, and sat down on the deck to sort it all out.  I am a person who enjoys paperwork.  I met my Waterloo last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment