6/15/14

SUNDAY PILLS





Frowning, lips pursed, George mumbles, “Bitter as hell.”  He’s chewing up his pills instead of swallowing them.  Oh well.  At least he got them today.

I’m the pillkeeper.  I’m in charge of getting it right.  George takes a boatload of pills. Today my cell phone alarm rang (yes, you do whatever it takes to remember stuff at my age) reminding me to give George his 5:00 pills. As I was taking the Sunday pills out of the little weekly pill box, I noticed that Saturday’s pills were still in their slot.  Egad!  I forgot to give George his pills yesterday!  I hope it won’t matter. 

Did I give him those pills yesterday?  Yes, I distinctly remember it because I dropped one and had to search all over the place to find it.  I put all the wheels in gear in my worn out brain to figure out if I really took that shot yesterday or could it have been the day before, which might have seemed like yesterday?  (I think that’s vice versa.) 

I put the pills back in the Sunday slot, took out the Saturday pills and stared at them.  That did a lot of good.  I put them back and took out the Sunday pills again and stared at them, as if they could tell me something.

Now before I tell you this, you need to give me a break because I’m getting a little older these days.-----  It's Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment