5/31/14

MAINTENANCE IN WRONG APARTMENT




I took a sleeping pill last night and, to my thrill, it worked!  Problem is, it’s still working.  I almost fell asleep driving – and I did at a traffic light. 

Back home, I opened my eyes enough to see a little pink paper on the counter.  It looked like a pink slip from my college days.  (Not that I did anything wrong in college.)  Was I still asleep?  Had I broken something sleepwalking?  If so, what was I capable of doing while sleepdriving?

Wide awake now, I read it.  Whew!  I’m not getting kicked out of the apartment.  It was a work ticket.  But I hadn’t called maintenance.  I didn’t have anything wrong that needed fixing.  (No comments, please.)

According to the pink slip, they had fixed the dishwasher wheels.  I pondered that.  Where in the world were those wheels, and why did they need fixing?  You can’t roll the thing out.  Then I remembered that the lower rack was so bad that I had to lift it over the big dip before sliding it out.  There’s no way that could be fixed, is there?  I tried it and, sure enough, the rack slid out smoothly. This was truly a dream come true! 

I’ll bet this was the first time the apartment managers ever got a thank you call for sending maintenance to the wrong apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment