5/30/14

MAKING A RUG



I’m going to do it.  I can’t believe I’ve spent the past 4 ½ hours on the computer looking for an outdoor rug that measures 5’ x 14’ and costs under $100.  Ya gotta dream.

In despair or desperation, or both, I looked up “outdoor fabric.”  God had pity on me because what I needed was the first thing that popped up: “Easy DIY Outdoor Rug.”  I like that word “easy.”

You get some canvas.  (I know what that is.)  Then you get some acrylic paint.  (I have some paint that hasn’t dried up yet.  Not sure it’s outdoor quality, though.)  Then you get some painters tape if you want to make straight stripes, or get stencils, or you can freewheel.  (That’s my style.)  Then you get some caulk to seal the edges.  (Wonder if it would take care of my own frayed edges.)

Tune in next week to hear the result of “doing my own thing.”  Should I use my old paint and hope it’s “outdoor quality”?  It might look like a mosaic if it flakes off.  Hmmm.  That might not be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment