5/12/14

ACCENT WALL



I wanted a brown accent wall.  Then I changed it to forest green and a different wall.  Then burgundy.  Then rust.

I painted large swatches of color on several canvases. My husband thought they were good paintings.  That’s about all he said about it. 

The canvases morphed into shades of burgundy, rust, brown, and maroon and I finally chose one.  When my daughter said it was the color of the strawberries she threw up one time, I changed it to peach.  She never threw up peaches.

Trying to make a not-so-bright peach color, I mixed up some pale shades of burgundy, but they turned out pink.  By now, the canvases were beginning to resemble a spilled deck of cards.  I asked my husband what he thought.  He said he was glad I was changing it because he didn’t like that color I had picked out.  I asked when he was going to tell me this?  

He agreed to go with me to pick up color swatches.  Shocker!  We agreed on one.  Double shocker!  It’s a muted peach color, and it looks fabulous.  Well, if it doesn’t, neither I nor my husband would dare say anything.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment