5/7/14

SODAS

I know diet sodas are bad for you.  I know I should stop drinking them.   One study links heart attacks with diet sodas, but they’re not sure if poor diet and lack of exercise might have influenced their findings.  Well, Duh!  Is there a diet soda drinker who doesn’t have a poor diet and lack of exercise?

I’ve been drinking diet sodas for decades.  I could switch to sugary Cokes, but too much sugar can keep our brains from learning (or remembering) much of anything.  I’ve already got that problem.

In spite of evidence to the contrary, soft drink companies keep claiming that soft drinks are not bad for you, which is about as silly as a gorilla in a phone booth.  Scientists and nutritionists insist they’re deadly.

While I’m looking at that gorilla, please pass me another Diet Coke.


No comments:

Post a Comment