5/6/14

Cat Upchuck



I heard the guttural sounds I know oh too well.  The hairballs were on their way up and out.  I couldn’t do anything except wait.  When I had a dog, I could grab him and throw him out the door before the groceries got tossed.  There is no running and grabbing Cat Mojo under any circumstances.

Sometimes the hair wraps itself tightly around a gut full of dry cat food and expels itself in a tidy, undemonstrative tube.  Not today.  I grabbed some paper towels and approached the deposit.  Oh!  Good grief!  If a hairball has no hair in it, I guess it’s not a hairball.  It soaked through to my hand.  I gagged almost as much as I did when my daughter barfed strawberries to the ceiling.  I guess I should have waited for it to cool.

Is there an article in a magazine somewhere that offers “Seven Ways to Handle Hairballs”? 

No comments:

Post a Comment