2/14/17

GARDEN FALL





This time my head landed on something soft. It was dark so I don’t know what it was, but I’m grateful. The night before last it was a concrete floor – but it did have a thin carpet on it, and my head wasn’t involved. I mean, not in the landing anyway.

I do worry when I stumble and begin the descent. On my way down I think, “Oh shoot, not again!” I assess how badly this one’s going to hurt, and I wonder, “Is this going to mess up my clothes?” If my knees are bare I ponder, “How long am I going to have this huge scab?”

I’ve seen a myriad of landing strips in my time, including hardwood floors, carpeted concrete, sidewalks, asphalt, gravel, tree roots, thick grass, prickly weeds, and now something-or-other in a garden. I told my friend I almost fell in church Sunday. I was on my way down when a guardian angel or something helped me catch my balance. But that was very soft carpet so I wasn’t worried. All he said was, “You are a connoisseur of floors.”


No comments:

Post a Comment