8/11/17

Got my LCCN today!



Whoopee! I got my LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number) today for my new book:

TAKING LIFE … NOT TOO SERIOUSLY
a woman, a quirky mouse named Hugh, and a life a half bubble off center just like the rest of us

I guessed that “LCCN” probably wasn’t a text abbreviation for “Larry Can’t Count Nothing,” so I looked it up. (What would I do without Wikipedia?) I still don’t know for sure, but I think librarians use it to find your book if you aren’t able to find it by yourself. That’s when you walk up to the librarian’s desk and say, “ICFN,” for “I Can’t Find Nothing.”

I have heard of ISB (International Standard Book) numbers and DDC (Dewey Decimal Classification) numbers, too. And now there’s an LCC number.

Like Scarlett said, “Oh, I can’t think about this now! I’ll go crazy if I do! I’ll think about it tomorrow. But I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment