1/11/12

CLEAN CLOSET



I thought I’d stepped into the Twilight Zone when I woke up this morning. I had forgotten I had cleaned my closet. Let’s see – we moved here in 2004. Around 2006 I noticed that dust was gathering on the suitcases on the top shelves. Around 2008 I started noticing dust on the suit coat shoulders. Sometime in 2010, I resolved to set aside a cold winter’s day to clean it.

Yesterday (January 10, 2012) I walked into the closet and started throwing things out. The bed grew a clothing tower. The floor filled up. It looked like the closet had upchucked. At one point the cat, who had been running from corner to corner of the bedroom and under the bed and in and out the door and around the house, settled down on a black coat to watch.

I climbed the ladder and pulled suitcases off the top shelves. When I dropped one, my husband didn’t yell his usual, “Are you all right?” That’s when I knew I was on my own if I fell off the ladder – which wasn’t unlikely. I needed a break so we went for chicken wings and a Manhattan.

After I finished re-loading the closet around 10:30 p.m., I resolved to do it once a year. And if you can believe that I have some property for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment