1/20/12

GROUPER IN A BAG


We went to a new restaurant and, being the curious mouse that I am, I tried something I had never tried before – “Grouper in a Bag.” Tried? Heck I've never even seen the words together in a sentence before! The waiter set the plate in front of me. It sure was different. They say presentation is everything, and this won the prize. It literally looked like a little paper bag with the end rolled up, and beside it was a generous helping of beans and rice. Everyone at our table looked at it, then proceeded to eat their own stuff.

I stuck my fork into the little bag, tore a hole in it, and tasted the luscious grouper and vegetables inside. Then, assuming the bag itself was phyllo dough or something, I picked off a piece and ate it. It was paper!


Well, what did I expect when the menu clearly stated that it was “Grouper in a Bag.”

No comments:

Post a Comment