1/24/12

PASS INTERFERENCE





Somebody tell me what “pass interference” is. George won’t tell me. I thought the purpose of the game was to interfere with passes, kicks, and everything. Runs, too, but I’m not sure if they’re called “runs” because I’ve heard of “line drives” so I guess they’re called “drives” when they run the ball down the field.

When I was in high school my aunt went to a ballgame with us and almost fell off the bleachers laughing at me. Later she mailed me Andy Griffith’s record (we had 45s back then), “What It Was Was Football.”

George thinks it’s useless to even try to help me out. He says, “It’s real simple. I just can’t explain it to you.” But I have learned a few things about football on my own. I understand words like “offence” and “defense.” I know what a quarterback does but that’s the only position I understand. (“Understand” is a word that doesn’t belong in this story.)

Even though I don’t understand football, I do love Super Bowl commercials. In fact, we hosted a Super Bowl party one year. I looked online to see who was playing and what the team colors were so I could buy the right color paper plates. Hey, I’ve got my priorities.

(PS I told George I wrote a blog about my understanding of football. He said, “It was pretty short, wasn’t it?”)




.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! If you need help let me know, Mom :-) I really got a kick out of Dads comment!

    ReplyDelete