1/22/11

Pink Boxes

We closed our sign shop.  For five years we had saved copies of customer invoices with the notes about their orders stapled to them.  The invoices prolifically expanded to file drawers, then to file storage boxes, then to brown cardboard boxes in the closet.

I thought I’d better keep them.  I have no idea why.  I picked up about 1000 boxes from the liquor store, filled one up and wrote an identifying description on it.  But with all the Jim Beam and Jack Daniels writing on the boxes, you couldn’t find what I wrote.

I spied a roll of gosh-awful-pink vinyl that had sat in our shop untouched for five years and I covered some boxes with it, labeled them carefully and took them home for storage.

The cleanup stretched into hours and then days.  I came across two more drawers of customer invoices.  They’re in the dumpster!

No comments:

Post a Comment