6/5/11

Erroneous Assumption – or No Way! Not Me!

Three weeks ago I twisted my foot in the yard. I heard a “pop,” but why not? Those bones weren’t used to such abuse. A “pop” doesn’t mean anything. I used to crack my knuckles all the time. Heck, even if there’s a hairline fracture, what’s a doctor gonna say? “Stay off of it.” I absolutely refused to go to the doctor, even though not one soul agreed with me.

It got better, and I tried the stationery bike. Found a comfortable position for my foot, and I was in business. The next day, I couldn’t walk. But the day after that, it felt almost well so I tried the elliptical exerciser. Next day – back on the couch. Then I moved some furniture, even going upstairs several times. (Hey! I was proving this thing wasn’t going to take me down.) Next day – pain! One day I watered my flowers and stepped on a bump in the yard and was out of commission again.

After three weeks of this nonsense, I caved and went to the doctor and guess what? It’s broken. Once again I managed to prove that 99 percent of the people in my world are right. I’m the one percent that knows it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment