6/13/11

Something's Beeping

I hope I’ll find out what’s beeping before I finish typing this, but it doesn’t look promising. I began hearing the beep in the living room where my husband was watching golf on TV. I thought maybe it was coming from the TV. I don’t know what they do on those golf courses.

Then I came into this room to type, and I heard it again. I looked at the phone on my desk (like it was going to give me an answer or something). I shook my head. It doesn’t have a beeper. I don’t think it’s sophisticated enough to start beeping for just any old thing it thinks of.

I checked my cell phone. I hadn’t heard it make that particular beep before, but you never know what a cell phone will do. Sure enough, there was a text message that had been there for three days. If it didn’t beep three days ago, why now? The text was an apology from my daughter for inadvertently texting me. She knows I don’t text. She must think I’ll be really mad. She thinks I’m insane anyway. It’s a daughter thing.

Another beep sounded. Must be the phone in the kitchen. I brought it to my computer desk and placed it on my right side. The next beep I heard sounded like it was coming from somewhere on the right, but not the phone. I moved it to the left and waited, and another beep came from the right.

OK. That eliminates the phone. The only thing left is the computer. I have no idea in this world why it might decide today’s the day to start beeping!

My husband hasn’t heard it yet. Hmmm. Maybe my daughter’s right after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment