6/22/11

SWATTING FLIES

I love to swat flies and I’m pretty good at it. I trap them in the bathroom – just me and the fly-swat and the cat if he’s unfortunate enough to be in there at the time. When I hear the little rascals hitting the mirror, I start swatting. After one fly meets his maker, the others get smart and hide. But I can wait a long time for a fly.

The other day a moth flew into the house. I didn’t want to squash him on my walls, but I didn’t have to worry about it long. Mojo the cat appeared out of nowhere and morphed into a wildcat. You could hear knee bones and paws hitting windows and walls. Finally, he jumped about five feet high against the glass door and grabbed the moth, threw him to the floor, and ate him. Pretty soon I noticed he went to his dish for some cat food. I guess cats don’t always like the taste of their prey.

However, Mojo likes the taste of his hair. (I think that’s why cats lick themselves. If they were instinctively clean, why would they eat moths?) I was rubbing him and a wad of hair collected, so I put it on the arm of the couch to be thrown out later. Mojo jumped up and devoured it! Yuck! I would hate to have to clean up a hairball wrapped around a moth.

Better a moth than a mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment