10/24/11

Adrenaline

I’ve got some bad carma going on. It started yesterday with my electrical outlet that I plug my iron into it. I don’t use it too often. But when I do take a notion to iron something, I have to wrestle to get the plug out of the outlet. It takes dynamite to dislodge it. I reached my boiling point and yanked the thing out with one of those explosions of adrenalin that kids get when they have temper tantrums.

Last night I threw out supper and this morning I threw out breakfast. With a loud bang.

At lunch I dropped soup on the floor. Most days, I would have just cleaned it up and fussed a little. Today I threw the soup bowl (plastic) into the sink, doused a towel with water and slung it on the floor.

A few minutes ago I looked at my calendar to see what day it is (the day not to get out of bed, apparently), and the lamp was blocking my view. I held my temper and decided just to move the stupid thing. I pulled the nail out of the wall, leaned over the desk to hammer it into a new spot, and it fell into a pile of computer cords. I screamed that it was the perfect nail for the calendar, the hole in the calendar fit over it easily, and I would never find another nail the right length with the right size head in my messed up nightmare of a tool box and of course it fell because I always drop everything I touch.

I did find another perfect nail. Let’s see, there are four more hours until bedtime…..

No comments:

Post a Comment